Know How Much Storage Space You Need
- Size Guide
- Self-Storage FAQ
- Storage Features
- Residential Storage
- Business Storage
- How to Pay Online
It can be difficult to calculate exactly how much storage space you need, especially if this is your first time renting a storage space. To avoid renting too large or too small of a unit, we've created a visual aid to help you determine exactly how much space you need. Just click on the size guide to the right to see exactly how many boxes, furniture, or other personal items can fit in each unit size.
Phone & Tablet Users: Our visual size guide is available on desktops computers only. We are working on a visual feature for mobile devices and will update as soon as possible. In the meantime, please refer to our guide below. Don't forget we're here to help you! We have storage consultants available at every facility ready to answer any questions you may have!
Storage Unit Size Guide: A Brief Overview
Every one of our storage facilities offers a variety of storage types in a number of different sizes. Use the following information as a rough estimation of exactly how much can fit in each unit:
- 5x5 Unit (25 sq. ft.): Roughly the size of a home closet. Ideal for storing extra items such as boxes, twin-size mattresses, books, records/files, and other small miscellaneous items.
- 5x10 Unit (50 sq. ft.): Ideal for storing the contents of a studio apartment, including a number of boxes, kitchen appliances, small mattress set, chairs, or even a motorcycle.
- 10x5 Unit (50 sq. ft.): Identical to a 5x10 unit just with a wider door and shallower storage-depth. Tends to make accessing your items slightly easier than a 5x10.
- 5x15 Unit (75 sq. ft.): Great for storing the contents of a 1 bedroom apartment. Ideal for furniture including a couch, chair and small dinning set, sporting equipment, bicycles, business merchandise, seasonal items, and sporting equipment.
- 10x10 Unit (100 sq. ft.): Ideal for storing the contents of a 2 bedroom space. Perfect for holding an entertainment center, king-size matrresses, larger appliances, dinning room, furniture, and other various items you'd find in a 2 bedroom space.
- 10x15 Unit (150 sq. ft.): Perfect for holding the contents of a 3 befroom space. Great for storing large screen t.v.'s, bikes and other sporting equipment, large furniture, full dinning room set, or even music equipment like a C-3 piano, drum set, or all the equipment needed for a several-month long tour.
- 10x20 Unit (200 sq. ft.): Now we're getting to sizes ideal for cars, boats, and other veihicles. A 10x20 unit is ideal for a small car with some extra room to spare or a 3 to 4 bedroom set. Fill remaining space with sports equipment, small furniture set, boxes, or other small to medium personal items.
- 10x25 Unit (250 sq. ft.): Great for storing a small boat with trailer with some room to spare. Fill the rest of your space with a couch, small chairs, small bedroom furniture set, and other miscellaneous items.
- 10x30 Unit (300 sq. ft.):A 10x30 unit is great for storing a large vehicle, small boat, and other large items with room to spare. Moving across country? This size unit is ideal for storing the contents of a large home while you settle in.
- Vehicle Parking Spaces: Most of our facilities offer indoor, covered, and outdoor parking spaces to store you car, boat, or rv. Parking spaces come in variety of sizes while offerring unique features. Visit our vehicle storage page to learn more about sizes and even tips and tricks that will keep you vehicle in the same condition as when you left it. Or give us a call and speak with a storage consultant to find exactly the space you need.
Still Have Questions?
Not a problem. Our storage consultants are experts in finding exactly the storage space you need at the right price. Just type in your city, state, or zip code in the search bar, choose the facility closest to you, and give us a call. Let RightSpace Storage do what it does best: find the storage space you need quickly and hassle free.
Find Storage at Any One of The Following Facilities:
Alhambra, California (CA)
Banning, California (CA)
Barstow, California (CA)
Blythe, California (CA)
Coachella, California (CA)
Cypress, California (CA)
Hesperia, California (CA)
Menifee, California (CA)
Pasadena, California (CA)
Rosemead, California (CA)
San Jacinto, California (CA)
Tustin, California (CA)
Victorville, California (CA)